Sunday 24 July 2011

Ontario - Matthew Barber

Welcome to Ontario. Canada's most populated province.  I have lived in places like Ottawa and Toronto and for everything I disliked about these cities one thing they do have is some great music. Not only are there some great acts but also some great venues big and small. Places like Massey Hall and the Amphitheatre are amazing venues. I've seen probably my 3 favorite concerts of all time at Massey: Damien Rice, Neil Young and David Gray. Being a huge live music fan living in a city like Toronto is awesome.  You can catch live music every night of the week. Some of my favorite pubs in Toronto (and I've been to allot of them) are just so because of the live music they have. I strongly suggest you check out places like The Local, Dakota Tavern and the legendary Rex. Now that we are in Ontario there is someone I'd like to introduce you to, Matthew Barber. He is probably my favorite solo artist out there right now. His 2008 CD Ghost Notes is amazing. I cannot stop listening to it. It's one of those albums that is amazing from start to finish which I don't say very often. If I can convince you to get any album please get this one. It's only $5.99 on his website: http://matthewbarber.com/discography/  While you there please pick up his 2 newest ones as well. I haven't got his new CD yet since I still buy the actual physical CD and have been waiting for it to come in the mail. One thing you might recognize is his last name. He is the older brother of one of my other favorite artist, Jill Barber. If you don't know her(first off where have you been) and be patient because I will be posting her once we get to British Colombia. He doesn't have the best presence on youtube and hopefully he will be touring soon to support his new a;bum but in the mean time please enjoy and send me a note to tell me yours thoughts.

I cannot find a live version of this song but you need to listen to this song: http://youtu.be/qxpmGaLv6j0
Amazing Song and Video:

If you don't like that then you don't like good music

Great Song:

(Available in HD)

Another great one:

(Available in HD)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment