Sunday 10 July 2011

Quebec - United Steel Workers of Montreal

Hello Everyone. We are going to stay in Montreal and I want to tell you about the band, United Steel Workers of Montreal. They are a 6 piece band from Montreal and their music is a micture of blues, country, folk jazz. This mixture first caught my ear online at CBC Concerts on Demand. Unfortunately that particular concert is not online anymore which means simply you are going to have to see them live. They are one of the bands that their albums do not do their songs justice. They put on an amazing show. You'll find yourself dancing around, foot stomping and singing along in no time. I've mentioned this in previous posts but some bands really need to develop a series of better quality videos on you tube or their website. This band is a prime example. There is not much out there of high quality but I was able to find you three of my favorite songs so please enjoy and make sure you check them out if they are ever near you. I really enjoy how the songs take such a different sound depending on which of the 3 different singer are singing. Such unique and different voices. Gern especially offers something that is not out there in any band I know.

One of my favorite songs


An amazing song about their favorite diner


A little harder for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment