Tuesday 12 July 2011

Quebec - Arcade Fire

Ok well now I know everyone by now has heard of them but nevertheless they are the best band out of Quebec right now so they make the list. I have never seen the live but I remember the first time I saw them on TV and heard their music. One of my favorite shows back then (and still now if I got the channel) is Austin City Limits. Here is the exact show that introduced me to them http://video.pbs.org/video/1350236975/  They were so different, using instruments I still don't know what they are called and producing some amazing sounds and lyrics.Austin City Limits is a great show that features 1 or 2 relatively new bands each week. It can be found found sometimes on PBS. I was introduced to allot of my now favorite artists on that show including Amos Lee (DVD from his show available). Like I mentioned they don't need much of an introduction anymore. They have one every single award they were up for. They will also be opening up for U2 at the big Moncton show coming up and to be honest as much as U2 would put on a good show I am pretty sure Arcade Fire is going to steal it. That being said I still wanted to give you my 3 favorite video's. Please crank and enjoy.

One of the most unique video's out there:


A great find of my favorite song:


The song that made them "popular"

(Available in HD)

No comments:

Post a Comment